Champion for Charities
Charities have a long history in Australia of supporting the vulnerable and disadvantaged in our communities. It would be hard to imagine a life without them.
It’s part of the Australian psyche to ‘help a mate’, to give and help those in need, so it’s no surprise that Australia leads the world when it comes to supporting charities and non-profit organisations.
Cause Connect is a ‘champion for charities’. Our mission is to help to build strong charities by promoting the good, spreading the word and connecting people with the causes they care about.
We aim to educate and inspire people to embrace kindness and charitable giving, and in doing so, be the change they want to be in the world.
Our goal is to help charities to harness this generosity of spirit, by making it easier for people to give and reach out to help those less fortunate than themselves.
Key facts about Australia’s charities:
- There are around 60,000 registered charities in Australia
- Nearly half (43%) of registered charities have social and community welfare as their main purpose
- Australia is the third most generous nation in the world, behind the United States in second place and Myanmar in first^
- Australia ranks in the top 3 nations for our willingness to help a stranger^
- Around 80% of Australian’s gave in total $12.5 billion to charities and nonprofit organisations (NPOs) over 12 months in 2015-16*
Why do people give?
* Giving Australia 2016 . ^ CAF World Giving Index